The person incharge shall be responsible for building the sports infrastructure for the University, spearhead the promotion of sports, culture and organize activities in the field of sports in the University. He /She should cultivate excellence in various domains of sports and also to promote a spirit of healthy competition. He/She should play the role of a wellness/fitness coach through interventions like yoga, track and field activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates a vision/plan for the PE department for the University, creation of budgets, infrastructure, approvals and other required means for the smooth conduct of the department.
- Ensures smooth conduct of sports.
- Preparation of sports calendar for each academic year on the basis of university calendar.
- Educate and encourage students about utilizing the available sports facilities and equipment’s.
- Conduct classes of physical activities such as yoga etc for mass participation
- Counsel and guide students in fitness related issues.
- Ensures proper use of sports material and facilities.
- Purchase of sport items by coordinating with the respective department.
- Encourages students to participate in zonal/university tournaments.
- Creation and upkeep of sports facilities
- Proposing annual budget for sports
- Ensures discipline among students in campus.
- Ensures ragging activities are not followed.
- Oversees medical facilities on campus.
- Helps in the organization of various events in the college.
- Organise Annual Sports event for students and Faculties.
- Any other functions assigned to you from time to time by the University/Manager
- Noteworthy accomplishments in one or more sports
- Ability to manage students’ motivation in sports.
- Leadership skills
- Ability to communicate with students and external stakeholders effectively for sports and extra-curricular events.
- Strong negotiation abilities
- An eminent Physical Education /Sports Coaching or Sports Science Practitioner with Ph.D. qualification in the field of Sports Coaching/Sports Science or Physical Education from recognised Institutions from India or abroad.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in teaching Sports coaching /Sports science / Physical education or related subjects in recognised university/college, of which 2 years should be at Director or Head of Department Level.