The Librarian should have a deep knowledge about emerging technologies and will use that understanding as a foundation for leading the library towards serving the current and future needs of Chanakya University’s students, faculty and other staff.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide vision and leadership for the library in support of the University’s mission and goals.
- Plan, develop, and deliver high quality library services that are accessible to all undergraduate and graduate students.
- Establish a process of ongoing review, assessment and improvement of library programs, resources and services that will evolve along with student needs and expectations.
- Develop an effective and collaborative leadership team within the library.
- Collaborate with the directors of the university’s academic and student support services to leverage strengths and expand opportunities to address student needs.
- Manage the library’s operations with a focus on ongoing improvements within a stable but not expensive budgetary context.
- Oversee budget and operations to ensure the quality and integrity of all processes.
- Coordinate the library’s Access Services functions, including personnel, policies and procedures.
- To facilitate the students, faculty, and staff with all the literature that may be needed for their scholarly activities.
- To manage library as well as digital library of the college.
- Arranges to prepare the library budget and policies relating to the library/Digital library.
- To encourage widespread usage of available information access facilities.
- To be continuously in touch with the students and faculty to understand/assess their needs of Books/Journals/Magazines/CDs etc. and apprise the Dean, Academics about the same for procurement.
- Ensures procurement of books, CD-ROMs, Software, Journals etc., which are essential and/or recommended by the faculty.
- Provides URL links/resources for information on various study material.
- Maintaining the books in good condition
- Seeks reviews on books recommended.
- Seeks suggestions / feedback on databases used.
- Provides digital library access from anywhere on campus.
- Establishes specialized search facilities for faculty’s teaching and research needs.
- Establishes a repository of cases and keeps adding new cases on a continuous basis.
- Organizes various functions and activities such as library week or to install clubs such as reading club essentially to develop a very interactive and vibrant reading culture among the students, faculty and staff.
- Any other work related to library that may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensures availability of previous years question papers (semester end examination)
- Provides all statistical information pertaining to the library.
- Any other functions assigned to you from time to time by the University/Manager
- Demonstrate knowledge of current and emerging technologies in library services, information
- technology and information literacy.
- Ability to leverage new technologies to develop a vision and new strategies to support changing student needs.
- Experience in meeting the diverse needs of stakeholders.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of program and service trends that support academic success.
- Candidate must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an accredited institution
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional librarian and managerial experience, within a college or university library.
- Demonstrated budget management and effective stewardship of resources.