This position is CU’s main source for internal and external communications online, in print, in person and in the media with a high degree of creativity and latitude. The person in charge will work as an integral member of the CU team responsible for the management of the communications output for the University. This position collaborates with all departments to ensure the proper organization of communication, establish consistent messaging content, to achieve brand consistency, as well as the highest standards of excellence for external communications related to CU.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement marketing communication plans for the University.
- Co-ordinate with the design and content team to develop new or enhance existing marketing collateral.
- Generate new ideas to build brand profile and awareness.
- Manage Social Media engagement working with student councils, faculty, and leadership.
- Identify and promote key promotion messaging that supports outreach efforts.
- Work closely with the CU Admissions & Outreach team and support with communication for all student-related events.
- Provide support to departments when writing press releases and advertising materials for special projects and events.
- Support with communication pieces for all external activities like conferences, events and workshops
- Support corporate communications requirements like announcements and updates.
- To anchor the external communication – social media, website, newsletter, press and media coverage and other collateral.
- Coordinate with the PR agency whenever required.
- Respond to communications-related issues in a timely manner.
- Any other task as assigned by the reporting manager from time-to-time.
- Experience in marketing communications
- Ability to strategize and write across mediums, specifically digital content.
- Competent understanding of the digital marketing space
- Strong understanding of target audience segmentation for communication
- Experience in the Education Sector is desired.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing / Design or any discipline from a recognized University/Institute
- Preference would be given to candidates having at least 5 years of experience in a similar profile with a reputed University / Higher Educational Institution/ Related Industry