Dr. Vinayak Rajat Bhat has been in the field of teaching and research since 2011. Presently he is working as an Associate Professor in the Centre for Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS), Chanakya University, Bengaluru. He earned his Ph.D. from the Rashtriya Samskrit Sansthan (Present CSU), Sringeri. He was trained under the guidance of great scholars like the Late Prof. R. Devanathan, Prof. B. Mahadevan, IIM Bangalore and Dr. Chandrashekhar Bhat, CSU.
His areas of interest in research are Vyakarana, Arthashastra, Indian health system (Ayurveda) and Itihasas. He can speak 6 languages & can read and write more than 3 scripts. He has assisted Vyoma Linguistic labs in their various projects. He is a Visiting professor at NIT-Calicut and Vyoma Linguistics Labs.
He is often appointed to be a part of investigating projects undertaken. Besides, he is also an editor of many Sanskrit publications and a translator. He has translated the book named “Learn Sanskrit Through Your Favourite Prayers”.
He is also a co-author of the book “Introduction to Indian Knowledge Systems: Concepts and Applications” published by PHI Learning Ltd. He was appointed as Specialist Sanskrit Advisor for a project on Ayurvedic Man: Encounters with Indian medicine by Welcome collections, London.
He was a member of the Board of studies, Academic council, Member of Planning and Monitoring Board, Research and Publication Committee and IQAC in Chinmaya Vishwa Vidyapeeth (CVV), Ernakulam. He is also a member of the expert committee for the IKS centre at KSU and an expert for a course on “Bharat Bodh” at IGNOU. He is currently a member of the “National Curriculum Framework” for “Knowledge of India”. He held the position of the Head of the School of Vedic Knowledge Systems for five years in a row.
- Educational qualifications
- Passed the UGC-NET Examination with JRF.
- Awarded with Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D) for the topic पाणिनीयाष्टाध्यायीमाधृत्य तद्धितांशशब्दानां निष्पादनाय तन्त्रांशनिर्माणप्रयासः (An attempt to prepare a software for the generation of Tadditantha words according to the Ashtadhyayi of Panini) in R.G.Campus, Rashtriya Samskrit Samsthana, Sringeri.
- Acharya (Master of Arts) in Vyakarana with 1st Division (76.4%), R.G. Campus, Rashtriya Samskrit Samsthana, Sringeri in the year 2008-09.
- Acharya (Master of Arts) in Phalita Jyotisha with 1st Division (66.6%), Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetham, Tirupati, 2010.
- Listening to music
- Reading novels and other books
- Watching movies
- Courses Taught at Chanakya
- Indian Intellectual Heritage (UG)
- Introduction to Indian Knowledge Systems (PG)
- Publications (List)
- B. Mahadevan, Vinayak Rajat Bhat, Nagendra Pavana RN (2022), “Introduction to Indian Knowledge System: Concepts and Applications”, PHI Learning Private Limited, Delhi. ISBN: 978-93-91818-20-3.
Book Published (As an editor)
- New Frontiers in Sanskrit and Indic Knowledge (Proceedings of an International Conference 2017 & 2018), 978-81-8315-431-4, New Bharatiya Book Corporation, New Delhi, 2019
- ‘Vedanta Muktavali’ for Chinmaya International Foundation Shodha Sansthan, Kerala, 2017
- Editor of the book परिष्कृतिः ISBN- 978-81-932638-1-5 published by Sri Ranbir Campus, Jammu 2015-2016.
- Was the member of editorial board of the Annual Bulletin श्रीवैष्णवी ISSN: 7552277-906X published by Sri Ranbir Campus, Jammu 2015-2016.
- Translated the book named “Learn Sanskrit Through Your Favourite Prayers” in hindi, Juggernaut publishers, 2016.
Chapters in Book
- Chapters in the textbook for Mukta Swadhyaya Peetham, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi
- व्याकरणशास्त्रस्योद्भवः विकासश्च
- व्याकरणशास्त्रस्य आचार्यपरम्परा
- पाणिनिस्मृता आचार्याः
- Sathish M, Vinayak Rajat Bhat, Sateesh Varma and N.L. Balasudarsun (2020), ‘Leadership Lessons from Indian Knowledge System”, PURUSHARTHA-A (Scopus indexed) journal of Management, Ethics and Spirituality 12 (2), 1-13
- Vinayak Rajat Bhat (2019), ‘Pre-natal Care: Diet and Mental health of a Mother’, Prachi Prajna, Issue 9, Volume V
- Vinayak Rajat Bhat (2019), ‘Juvenile Crime Act and Mahabharata’, Dhimahi, Volume 10, ISSN: 0976-3066, Chinmaya International Foundation, Ernakulam, Kerala
- Translated the book ‘Learn Sanskrit Through Your Favourite Prayers’ into Hindi, Juggernaut publishers, 2016
- Vinayak Rajat Bhat (2016), ‘कालस्य आनन्त्यम्, अद्य ब्रह्मणो वयः’, ज्योतिर्दीपिका, Rajiv Gandhi Campus, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Sringeri
- Vinayak Rajat Bhat (2016), ‘वेदाङ्गे पाणिनीये नीतिविचारचिन्तनम्’, पुनती, ISBN:13-978-81-932638-0-8, Sri. Ranbir Campus, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Jammu
- Vinayak Rajat Bhat (2016), ‘प्राग्दीव्यतोऽण् इति सूत्रविचारः’, शास्त्रसौरभम्, ISBN: 978-81-932638-2-2, Sri. Ranbir Campus, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Jammu
- Vinayak Rajat Bhat (2012), ‘तद्धिते उत्सर्गापवादविचारः’ वयम् (ISSN2277-713X), Half yearly Bulletin of Jagadguru Ramanujacharya Rajasthan Sanskrit University, Jaipur.
- Vinayak Rajat Bhat (2012-2013), ‘पूर्वत्रासिद्धम्’ वाक्यार्थभारती (ISSN:2249-538X), Annual Bulletin of Rajiv Gandhi Campus, R.S.Samsthan, Sringeri.
- Vinayak Rajat Bhat (2012-2013), ‘पञ्चाङ्गविचारः’ वाक्यार्थभारती (ISSN:2249-538X), Annual Bulletin of Rajiv Gandhi Campus, R.S.Samsthan, Sringeri.
- Vinayak Rajat Bhat (2012-2013), ‘पाणिनीये तद्धितविचारः’ Sharada (ISSN, Annual Bulletin of Rajiv Gandhi Campus, R.S.Samsthan, Sringeri.