Dr. Bharath Setturu is currently working as an assistant professor at the School of Mathematics & Natural Sciences, Chanakya University, Bengaluru (AUGUST 2023-PRESENT)
He was a post-doctoral fellow at EWRG, CES, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
He was a guest faculty at the Depart of Civil & Infrastructure Engineering, IIT Jodhpur.
He has published 1 book, 40 research papers in peer-reviewed international journals, 4 book chapters, 54 papers in national & international conference proceedings, and 75+ technical reports.
He has actively contributed to more than 15 scientific research projects from 2009 to date using a wide range of GIS, Remote Sensing, and ecological techniques. He is one of the key contributors in many scientific projects to aid regulatory agencies’ decision-making in India. Some of the worth mentioning are: Integrated Ecological Carrying Capacity of Uttara Kannada district, Central Western Ghats, sponsored by KBB, Karnataka; Visualisation of Ecological Sensitive Regions of Uttara Kannada, sponsored by DST, India; Urbanisation and Environment Sustainability – comparative analysis of 10 cities of China and India, sponsored by APN; Visualization of Forest Cover Transition in Protected Areas of Karnataka, sponsored by CAG, India; Visualisation of Ecologically Fragile Regions of Kodagu district, Karnataka sponsored by CWS.
He is a recipient of “ Young Researcher in Spatial Informatics” award presented by VIF, “Sahyadri Ecologist-2016”- Presented during LAKE 2016 Conference at Alva’s Education Foundation, Moodbidri; “Best paper award”- Presented by Rotary Sadashivanagar & AMC Eng College during NSRS-2019 Conference at Bengaluru; “Best paper award”- Presented by IIT-Kharaghpur during CCIVA-2019 Conference at Kharaghpur; “Dr Parameshwaran Research Grant”- Presented during LAKE 2018 Conference at Alva’s Education Foundation, Moodbidri; “Best paper award”- Presented by IIT-Kharaghpur during BDCC-2018 Conference at Kharaghpur.; “Best paper award”- Presented by IIT-Kharaghpur during WEIZ-2017 Conference at Kolkata; “Best poster award”- Presented by IIT-Kharaghpur during WEIZ-2017 Conference at Kolkata; “Dr Parameshwaran Research Grant”- Presented during LAKE 2016 Conference at Alva’s Education Foundation, Moodbidri.
His work received significant appreciation across the globe. Work experience ranges from handling of various Free and open-source GIS & Image Processing software, including GRASS; QGIS; Fragstat; SAGA GIS; Openjump, etc.
Number of Publications (selected):
- Bharath, S., Thrimoorthy, N. and Vinay, S. 2023. Geo Visualization of Urbanization in CRDA Region through Machine Learning and Deep Learning Techniques, IEEE I-CONNECT 2023, July 2023, Bangalore.
- Ramachandra, T.V., Negi, P. and Bharath, S., 2022. Insights from Big Spatial Data through Machine Learning Techniques for Prudent Management of Natural Resources. Journal of Resources, Energy & Development, 19 (2), pp. 1-17.
- Ramachandra, T.V., Vinay, S. and Bharath, S. 2022. Visualisation of landscape alterations with the proposed linear projects and their impacts on the ecology. Modeling Earth Systems Environment. 8(1), pp. 977-989 https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-021-01135-2
- Bharath, S., Rajan, K.S., Ramachandra, TV., 2021. Modeling Forest Landscape Dynamics, Nova Science Publishers, pp. 248, ISBN: 978-1-53619-594-1.
- Bharath S., Ramachandra T.V., 2021. Carbon Emissions in Karnataka and Scope for Sequestration. In Srikanth K.J. (eds) An In-Depth Look at Carbon Emissions. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., NY, USA. https://doi.org/10.52305/UTRF8102, ISBN: 978-1-68507-190-5.
- Ramachandra, T.V. and Bharath, S., 2019. Carbon Sequestration Potential of the Forest Ecosystems in the Western Ghats, a Global Biodiversity Hotspot, Natural Resources Research, 29, 1-19. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11053-019-09588-0.
- Ramachandra, T.V., Sellers, J., Aithal, B.H. and Bharath, S., 2019. Micro level analyses of environmentally disastrous urbanization in Bangalore. Environ Monit Assess 191, 787. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-019-7693-8.
- Ramachandra, T.V., Bharath, S., Vinay, S., Tara, N.M., Chandran, M.D.S., and Joshi, N.V., 2018. Conservation and Sustainable Management of Local Hotspots of Biodiversity. In Geospatial Infrastructure, Applications and Technologies: India Case Studies (pp. 365-383). Springer, Singapore., ISBN: 978-981-13-2329-4.
- Ramachandra, T.V., Bharath, S. and Chandran, M.D.S., 2016. Geospatial analysis of forest fragmentation in Uttara Kannada District, India. Forest Ecosystems, 3(1), pp.1-15. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40663-016-0069-4
- Bharath, S., Rajan, K.S., Ramachandra, T.V., 2013. Land Surface Temperature Responses to Land Use Land Cover Dynamics. Geoinformatics & Geostatistics: An Overview. 01/2014; doi:10.4172/2327-4581.1000112.