Chanakya University (CU) is in the process of hiring a talented Talent Acquisition Specialist / Recruitment professional to join our team. If you’re excited to be part of a winning team, CU is a great place to grow your career. (S)he will be a part of the Human Resources team and ensure proper staffing of both the Teaching and Non Teaching requirements for the University. The incumbent is expected to continuously interact with the various Deans and functional heads of CU to identify the requirements/ positions to be filled within a defined time frame. The TA Specialist would scan multiple channels including social media, job sites, channel partners, etc, and seek out qualified applicants, do the initial shortlist, and encourage them to apply for available positions.(S)he may be required to also participate in the interview process and assist new hires with completing paperwork and required documentation. As part of the responsibilities, the recruiter will also support in firming up the recruiting strategies to meet the organizational growth plans and staffing objectives while ensuring that the strategies clearly facilitate the hiring and onboarding of suitable job candidates for assigned positions in a timely and a cost-efficient manner.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with management on all diversity initiatives involving recruitment to ensure fairness in hiring practices
- Use various methods to recruit and network with potential candidates including social media platforms, job sites, networking events, and job fairs while building a strong data bank as part of the routine.
- Conduct preliminary interviews with recruits to gauge interest, personality and salary requirements
- Using standardized screening techniques, Assess the skills, qualifications and experience of potential candidates while developing effective recruiting plans and strategies.
- Actively work toward building a diverse and qualified team to support the organization
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders to have a full-scale understanding of hiring needs and available positions within the company
- Provide regular updates and feedback to managers on status updates.
- Assess assigned positions to develop job descriptions and map candidate profiles while reviewing and clarifying job specifications, competencies and skills required
- Source applicants through various methods including advertising, job sites, career fairs, online platforms etc.
- Maintain effective relationships with social and professional networks to source qualified candidates
- Look at innovative approaches to hire the right profile through job fairs, campus connect programs etc.
- Pre-screen job candidates, review resumes and qualifications to determine the suitability of candidates
- Schedule and organize interviews in a collaborative manner with both the hiring managers and the candidate.
- Providing complete information about the University and the job to the candidates
- Continuously touch base and manage all communication with the candidates before and after interviews
- Building a strong process to verify references & conduct background check
- Working towards building a strong applicant tracking system/ applicant database, while ensuring it is maintained in an accurate and up-to-date manner.
- Extend offers of employment within company norms while firming/ negotiating the job offer, and its administration including closing the loop wrt candidates who have not been shortlisted/ selected
- Organize new employee orientation while ensuring proper onboarding for new hires and the necessary paperwork is completed promptly and accurately
- Maintain recruiting metrics (cost per hire etc) and all other relevant metrics and submit it to the leadership in a periodic, timebound manner.
- Keep current with sourcing strategies and industry trends
- Ensure regulatory aspects of the full cycle recruitment process is compliant with the Statutory and University regulations
- Proficient in using/ developing / managing company software/ managing applicant databases/ applicant tracking systems.
- Experience in candidate sourcing solutions and in the continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Knowledge of relevant social media platforms
- Assisting with onboarding processes
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about the company and answer any questions a potential hire may have
- Firm understanding and implementation of recruiting metrics to drive decision-making is strongly preferred
- Previous experience developing and executing recruiting marketing and branding strategies
- Experience working with a diverse team and striving for fairness in hiring all rac
- These key qualities and competencies have been identified as essential for good job performance as a recruiter.
- Communication skills including the ability to listen proactively, ask the right questions and clarify the needs of the client and candidate planning and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and manage different tasks and concurrent projects efficiently judgment and decision-making including the ability to identify and commit to the right course of action adaptability including the ability to work effectively with diverse people and projects Negotiation Skills with both internal and external stakeholders Maintaining confidentiality
- Professional Human Resources certification is strongly preferred.
- 4-6 years of recruiting experience knowledge of staffing systems and tools