A delegation from Durham University, England, visited Chanakya University on 1 March 2023. The team of delegates deliberated various qualitative aspects including collaboration with Chanakya University. This included qualitative discussions on various areas of collaboration including research in education, and study of different educational models.
The Durham University representatives threw light on the three-level diploma program that is offered at their University. This program is aimed at those aiming to take up teaching careers in highereducation.
From Chanakya University, Dr. Sushant Joshi –Registrar presented the various value-added offerings of the University; followed by Prof Katherine Montgomery and her colleague showcasing Durham University and specially highlighting their School of Education.
Both the Universities expressed interest to collaborate qualitatively in:
- Lecture Exchange Series based on areas of interest from the faculty members of both Universities.
- Student Exchange initiatives under the Study Abroad Program (SAP)
- Research collaboration on political science and International Relations keeping the changing international structure and emerging peace & conflict issues across the world.
- Interaction/Collaboration in the areas of Medical Humanities and Psychology.
- Research and partnership in Economics and study of Inequalities.
- Workshops on combining Creative Writing- Entrepreneurship.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics in Social Science Research.
The delegates were also taken on a tour to the Global Campus of Chanakya University. Faculty memebrs of the University included Prof. Yashvantha Dongre – Vice Chancellor, Dr. Sushant Joshi -Registrar, Prof. Ashoka K.S. – Dean at the School of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, Prof. Charu Ratna Dubey – From the School of Commerce and Management among others.