The LL. M. in Constitutional Law is a distinguished academic program designed to equip students with an in-depth understanding and comprehensive knowledge of the Constitution of India, as well as selected constitutions from around the world. Through this specialisation, students will gain the opportunity to delve into the intricate nuances of important constitutions from various regions, and engage in comparative studies.
Moreover, the program aims to elucidate the origins of constitutional values from a range of international and ancient Indian texts, thereby fostering a deeper appreciation for the philosophical underpinnings of constitutional law. This unique blend of historical and comparative perspectives creates a well-rounded and comprehensive education for aspiring legal professionals.
This program is particularly suitable for law graduates who aspire to pursue a career in higher courts, the judiciary, social work, or academia. The LL.M. in Constitutional Law provides students with the necessary tools to enhance their professional capabilities and unlock new career opportunities. Graduates will emerge from this program with a robust understanding of constitutional law, enabling them to engage with complex legal issues and navigate the intricacies of the legal profession with ease.
The LL. M. in Constitutional Law courses includes:
- Advanced Legal Research Methodology
- Global Comparative Constitutional Law
- Constitutional Principles and Obligations
- center-state relations in India
- Constituent Assembly Debates – Part I: The Making of the Constitution
- Constituent Assembly Debates – Part II: The Making of the Constitution
- Law and Justice in a Transnational World
- Constitutionalism and the Wisdom of the Ancients
- Landmark Judgments and Constitutional Amendments in India
- The Emergency 1975 and the constitution
- Advanced Legal Writing and Research – Part I: Dissertation
- Advanced Legal Writing and Research – Part II: Dissertation