This program is designed on par with the Professional Institute of Actuaries. It aims to provide a solid foundation in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Mathematical Finance, and modelling coupled with the necessary modules of Actuarial Science and ample space to develop the younger minds to work as a team with adequate leadership skills. At the end of the program, the learners can become actuarial specialists and thereby seek employment with reputed insurance firms.
- All courses are Hands-on: All sessions are covered using Tools.
- Mix of Industry-Academia Teaching: Teaching is collaborated with industry incorporating projects, workshops, and invited talks
- Industry Mentor for every student from the 3rd semester onwards: Professionals from various industry sectors such as Finance, Insurance, and Mathematics act as mentors for the students from the 3rd semester. This ensures that students are always connected with the industry.
- Group project during the third year: Students, in collaboration with the industry and the School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, get to take up group projects during the third year.
- One Full Semester Internship in the Relevant Industry: Students will be allocated internships or projects in various industry sectors. The students are guided, directed, and moulded by an external industry expert.
|Actuarial Investigations: Financial||Advanced Stochastic Methods in Actuarial Sciences|
|Optimization Methods||Advanced Machine learning|
|Programming for Data Science||Time Series|
|Group Insurance and Health Care Principles||Financial Engineering and Loss Reserving|
|Sampling Techniques||Numerical Methods|