Dr. V. Rajesh Kumar is an M. Com. Graduate from Bangalore University. He has received his Doctorate in “Strategy”. While Accounting and Taxation are his areas of expertise, Finance is his area of passion. He has 30 years of experience in teaching at graduate, post-graduate and professional levels and has served various Institutions in different capacities. He is a faculty for Strategic Financial Management at the Bangalore Branch of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He has authored books on ‘Financial Management’ and ‘Indirect Taxes’ for the requirement of Professional Courses, and co-authored textbooks on `Accounting, Finance and Taxation” for the requirements of various universities.
He was the first Indian Professor to be selected for International Management Teachers Academy (IMTA) Training on ‘Case Analysis and Writing’ conducted by Central East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN) at IEDC – Bled School of Management, Bled, Slovenia in June 2006. He has presented papers at various national and international conferences and published articles in reputed Journals. His paper on “Capital Asset Pricing Model” was selected for an International Conference at Harvard University, Cambridge, United States of America, during May-June 2011.
Dr. Rajesh also has a rich experience in research, consultancy, and training – both at the academic level and corporate levels. He has conducted training programs for executives of various companies like Wipro, Godrej, FCG, Honeywell, KPCL, Fouress Engineers, Triveni Engineering, Tyco Electronics etc., in the area of `accounting, finance and taxation’. He is associated as resource person for the `Finance for Non-finance Executives’ Program of the Bangalore Branch of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
He is the Founder of ‘Vittam Pravina Gurushala (Finance Expert Academy)’ – an academy engaged in spreading the knowledge of finance to students, faculty, corporate and all others interested in the area of finance.
- Shruthi M P, Manjunatha T M and Rajesh Kumar V (2022), “Testing of Performance Measures on Mutual Fund Debt Schemes: An Empirical Evidence in India”, Pacific Business Review (International), Volume 15, Issue 5, pp 5-15
- Manjunatha T M, Shruthi M P and Rajesh Kumar V (2022), “Testing of Performance Measures on Mutual Fund Equity Schemes: An Empirical Evidence in India”, AIMS International Journal of Management, DOI: 10.26573/2022.16.3.5, Volume16, Issue 3, pp193-203
- Rajesh Kumar V (2022), Case titled “Reliance Industries Limited: Is there a likelihood of manipulation in its financial statements?”, ISBN 978-93-94911-02-4
- Rajesh Kumar V (2022), “Determinants of Profitability of Indian Telecommunication Companies”, Asian Journal of Management. DOI: 10.52711/2321-5763.2022.00023, ISSN: 0976-495X(Print) & 2321-5763 (Online), Volume 13, Issue 2, pp 127-133
- Zahid Hassan, Manjunatha T and Rajesh Kumar V (2021), “Stock Price Reactions to Budget Announcement in Indian Capital Market”, International Journal of Science and Management Studies, DOI: 10.51386/25815946/ijsms-v4i6p107, ISSN: 2581-5946, Volume 4, Issue 6, pp 59-69.
- Rajesh Kumar V, and Manjunatha T (2021), “Analysis of Determinants of Financial Performance for Construction Industry in India”, AIMS International Journal of Management, DOI: 10.26573/2021.15.3.2, ISSN: 1939-7011, Volume 15, Issue 3, pp 157-168
- Micahael Noronha and Dr. Rajesh Kumar V (2019), ‘Technology – A Tool for achieving Inclusive and Sustainable Growth through Financial Inclusion’, International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, Volume 10, Issue 2, February, ISSN 0976-2183, pp 1-5.
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar V, and Gowrisha Joshi, (2014) ‘Testing Efficient Market Hypothesis in the Foreign Exchange Market”, International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, Volume 5, Issue No. 8, August, ISSN 0976-2183, pp4-16.
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar V (2011), “A primer on Direct Taxes”, Suvarna Karnataka Male, Volume 21, Prasarnaga, Bangalore University, pp 192-210.
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar V; and Ms. Ravidarshini T S (2010), “April Anomaly and Return predictability in Indian Stock Market – An Empirical Study”, International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, Volume 1, Issue No. 3, July, ISSN 0976-2183, pp 27-59.
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar V (2009), “Appropriateness of DCF Method for Hotel Valuations – An Analysis of Stakeholders’ Perceptions”, Finance and Banking – A Collection of Contemporary Research, ISBN: 978-93-80043-38-8, pp 209-224
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar V; (2009), “The Direct Taxes Code 2009 – What’s in it for the Common Man?”; Gyan Dhara, Volume 5, Issue Number 5, August – September, 2009, pp2-10.
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar V; Susruthi Vasudevan and Swathi Vyas; (2008), “Risk Analysis and Measurement in Capital Budgeting Decisions among Automobile Companies of India”, Finance and Banking – An Anthology of Contemporary Research, ISBN: 978-81-907196-2-9, pp 105-114
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar V; and Prof. Nagarju Y; (2008), “Impact and Challenges of E-Finance”, ACRM Journal of Business and Management Research, Volume 3, Issue No. 2, September, ISSN: 0973-3523, pp27-34.
FOR MC GRAW HILL EDUCATION
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT for CA Intermediate, Mc Graw Hill Publications, ISBN-13: 978-93-5316-631-1, June 2019.
- Costing Methods (for the Fifth Semester B.Com Course of Bangalore University), ISBN-13: 978-93-5316-109-5, May 2019.
- Income Tax-II (for the Sixth Semester B.Com Course of Bangalore University), ISBN -13:978-93-89691-07-8, December 2019 (Second Edition) ISBN-13:978-93-5316-491-1, January 2019.
- Financial Management (for the Third Semester B.Com Course of Bangalore University), ISBN-13: 978-93-5316-064-7, June 2018.
- Income-Tax I (for the Fifth Semester B.Com Course of Bangalore University), ISBN 13: 978-93-5316-697-7, June 2019 (Second Edition) ISBN-13: 978-93-5316-107-1, June 2018 (First Edition).
- Cost Accounting (for the Fourth Semester B.Com and B.B.M Courses of Bangalore University), ISBN 13:978-93-87572-37-9, January 2018.
- Cost Management (for the Sixth Semester B.Com Course of Bangalore University), ISBN 13: 978-93-87572-39-3, January 2018.
FOR VITTAM PUBLICATIONS
- E-book on “Indirect Taxes” (for the requirements of CA Intermediate and CMA Intermediate), available at https://courses.vittampravinagurushala.in/learn/INDIRECT-TAXES.
- Cost Accounting (for the Fourth Semester B.Com and B.B.M. Courses of Bangalore University), ISBN: 978-93-5156-437-9, January 2014.